Dr. David E. Davis
David Edward Davis (1913-1994): David Davis received his B.A. from Swarthmore College, and his M.S. and Ph.D. from Harvard University in 1939. Davis was named Head of the Department of Zoology in 1967. He won recognition for his work in controlling the rat population of Baltimore, MD. He was president of the American Institute of Biological Sciences in 1971. He retired in 1975 to Santa Barbara and continued research there. He was Editor of the Wilson Bulletin from 1948-1950, a cofounder of the Wildlife Disease Association, Associate Editor of Animal Behavior, Secretary of Section F of the AAAS and a trustee of Biological Abstracts.
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from North Carolina State University. For general information see the NCSU Libraries Special Collections Research Center website (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/specialcollections/research).