Rex Hospital opened in its current location in the 1950s. It was started in 1894, using funds provided in the will of John Rex, a prominent Raleigh citizen, who died in 1839.
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from North Carolina State University. For general information see the NCSU Libraries Special Collections Research Center website (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/specialcollections/research).