D. H. Hill Library
Daniel Harvey Hill (1859-1924): Daniel Harvey (D. H.) Hill was one of the first five faculty members at State College. He served as Professor of English and Bookkeeping from 1889-1908, as well as Faculty Secretary and Treasurer. He was the first College Librarian. He was elected Vice-President of the College in 1905 and then President in 1908, a position he held into his retirement in 1916. He was active in forming the North Carolina Literary and Historical Association and served as Chairman of its Executive Committee. He was appointed a member of the Advisory Board to assist the State Librarian in the selection of the books for the State Library and then as a member of the State Historical Commission. In 1926, the original D. H. Hill Library was named after him as a memorial.
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from North Carolina State University. For general information see the NCSU Libraries Special Collections Research Center website (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/specialcollections/research).