W. F. Morris (left), Director of Service Department, and Arnold Peterson, Superintendent of Grounds, August 1939
William Flaude Morris (1884-1972): Morris, a 1909 State College graduate, served on the faculty as Instructor of Drawing from 1909 to 1914. He returned to State in 1931 as Instructor of Mechanical Drawing and Laboratory Instructor in the Mechanical Engineering Department. He served as Head of the Service Department, in charge of buildings, grounds and the power plant from 1934 to 1958. The Morris Building is named in his honor.
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from North Carolina State University. For general information see the NCSU Libraries Special Collections Research Center website (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/specialcollections/research).