Department of Biology
Courses with content in zoology were first offered.
Microbiology courses became a part of the curricula in the zoology and botany departments.
The Biological Division was created with coursework devoted entirely to plant pathology.
Adeline Stevens, the wife of Frank Lincoln Stevens, became the first woman faculty member as an instructor in biology during the 1902-1903 academic year.
Genetics curriculum was taught as a component of coursework in the agronomy, zoology, and plant pathology departments.
Maud K. Schaub became the first woman to earn a MS in biology.
The Division of Biological Sciences was established, and the Department of Zoology and Entomology were placed within the division.
The Department of Entomology and Zoology separated into two programs: the Department of Zoology and the Department of Entomology.
The Department of Zoology moves to Gardner Hall.
Reinard Harkema wrote A Concise History of the Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University at Raleigh (1887-1977). A print edition exists in the library.
The Department of Zoology is renamed the Department of Biology.